The Ghana National Identification Authority has developed a digital way for registering the controversial Ghana Card aside the traditional way which has developed a lot of controversies in the country.
The Ghana Card can now be also applied via an online portal aside the traditional way of queuing the whole of the week.
The old fashioned received a lot of complaints as the system was very slow and only 100 persons are asked to be registered daily.
The registration is said to register every Ghanaian for the card but just a few people are able to process the card due to workload. That is why the NIA has introduced an online portal to reduce the burden of Ghanaians over the card and the discomforts.
With this strategy shared by Ghana’s Identification Authority, you can enter your details by yourself with your smartphone, laptop or desktop computer from the comfort of your home for the card.
The process to Apply Ghana Card Online
Please, make sure you have the required documents before you apply for the Ghana Card. These documents include:
- Digital Address Code (Ghana Post Code) eg. GS-0621-61…
- One Generally Accepted Ghanaian ID Cards (proof of Nationality):
GUIDELINES TO REGISTER FOR THE CARD
- Create an account and verify your phone number. (A verification message with a secret code will be sent to the phone number you gave)
- Enter the code and continue the application process. (You’ll then be taken to the dashboard.)
- From the dashboard click on “Start New Application”. (This will open a page for you to start).
Here, you fill out your full name in the boxes provided.
- The next page is where you fill in your eye colour, height, and other bodily features. Skip if you are not sure of them, the NIA will assist you with that when you go there for the other part of the application process.
- After filling all the pages, the next thing to do is to declare all the information you entered were true, and you understand what you’re doing. You just hit “Yes” if you are sure of it all.
Now, you are almost done with the online part.
Next, you’ll be given the option to download a copy of all you’ve entered so you can print later. The option to download the forms will be sent to you via the email you provided.
The email will take you to your Ghana Card dashboard where you’ll click the “Download Application Form” button to download it.
After that, you print the form and take it to any National Identiﬁcation Authority registration centre to apply for your Ghana Card.
Note: Go along with all necessary documents so you don’t get stranded and frustrated at the registration centre.
Take Note: The Ghana Card is free of charge.
Period of time to receive the Ghana Card
You should be able to receive your Ghana Card instantly, once you have done all the necessary requirements.
However, In cases of unavailability of electricity and internet connection, you may be asked to come another day.