ABUAKWA NORTH: FIRE DESTROYS THREE CONJOINED HOUSES AT AKYEM OSIEM.

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Over forty (40) residents and business owners are displaced at Akyem Osiem, Afigya, as fire razes completely three conjoined thatch houses.

According to an eyewitness, the fire started around 5:30 pm today 1st February, 2022 from one of the houses and spread rapidly to the others.

The Assemblyman of the area, Hon Seth Adu, said, he had a distress call about the incident and quickly called the Bunsu Fire Station. The Bunso Fire Station relayed the information to Anyinam, Kibi and Koforidua Fire Stations to since their (Bunsu Fire Station) fire tender is faulty.

The Anyinam, Kibi and Koforidua Fire officers responded swiftly and with the help of the people in the community, were able to put the fire under control around 8:45pm.

Fifteen rooms and four shops with properties worth thousands of Ghana Cedis have been destroyed completely.

The cause of the outbreak is not immediately known at the time of filling this report.

Fire Service has commenced investigations into the incident, according to Officer Amponsah, Anyinam Station Fire Officer, but cautioned the residents not go closer to the burnt houses since they have all developed several cracks and a weak to avoid any casualties.

He further advised all to be very careful with using fire for fire is a good servant but a very bad master.

Officer Amponsah, admonished that, all electrical gadgets must be switched off when not in use and when one is leaving leaving home especially at that time kids are in the house to prevent further outbreaks.

The Municipal National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) director, Mr Stephen Osei-Wusu, with his personnel at the scene, also mentioned that, the organization will provide a temporal place for the affected persons whilst assessment of damage caused is scheduled for tomorrow for onwards processing.

He advised that, old houses must be rewired since most of their wirings have expired a situation that can cause fire outbreaks.

Mr Stephen Osei-Wusu added that, gas cylinders must be maintained well and said, cooking on gas and coal pot at the same time in one kitchen can also bring disaster so people must desist from it.

The Tafo District Police Command  led by ASP Fred Kpetigo, were at the scene to make sure properties were not stolen and helped with traffic management since the houses are off the Osiem to Ettukrom highways.

The victims therefore appeal to Government, individuals and Civil Societies to come to their aide in these unfortunate moments.

Pictures 👇

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.